what's on your mind: RP Edition

235written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
clock Avatar
Maybe it's because I'm just so used to not really having to write it out, but I can't get the hang of just writing out a character's appearance for an app. Just let me slap on a pic and call it a day-
I'd usually prefer a description to be one paragraph, two at most, that just notes the most striking things anyway.

"Midoriya Izuku is the type to stand out in a crowd, but for the wrong reasons. With his freckles, messy green hair, and short, hunched stature, he looks every bit the nerd he is inside. But turn your gaze down, and under his slapped together wardrobe there are the type of bulging muscles you'd introduce to your friends as Frank and Argument."

Since most roleplayers will include another description of the character in posts, and animanga has all these faceclaims, I don't really believe in extensive description sections, especially when accompanied by wordcount requirements that have people reaching for flowery prose and thesauruses.
"Someone's got to die today and you have got the final say. You? Or your crew?"
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Getting back into the habit of posting and admin duties after being gone for like a month and a half because of moving and whatnot has been harder than I thought it would be. Like my brain wants to do the things, but my motivation wants to die in bed for a year and a half to recover from the stress of life lol

aliasvilla
pronounsthey/them
2written posts
villaearned bits
offlinecurrently
villa
villa Avatar
genuine sentiment. if you think there's an RP draught right now, then think what role and contribution have you done to keep your previous sites (or current) alive. what i'm seeing is how people say they will support some site, but when it's time to show it, they're not around. member list is full, yet there's no attempt to build ooc/ic connections with each other. everyone's waiting to see what happens. all posts rely on the admin/staff, and when they slow, the entire activity screeches to a halt.

it's pitiful to see some admins try so hard to make things work, only for their effort to fall on deaf ears. meanwhile on pixel or on group chats, people bemoan how there's no sites. seriously? what gives. people say sites are closing too fast at the first sign of inactivity, but when people won't even give those sites a chance because they're dyinnn', how's the site supposed to 'pick it back up'?

meanwhile and ironically, people flock to already big sites with numbers so good that they feed into the admins' egos, that before you know it they're telling the entire server to go get laid because truth to be told, they hated all of you (except you of course. you're in our publicized nice list).

all this 'draught' feels deserved at this point. there won't ever be perfect sites with perfect admins, so maybe next time if something goes wrong, try to help in a positive way, maybe? the number of people automatically assuming bad faith is startling, and it's actually hurting your supply of sites. how many admins can genuinely say they enjoy building a community so easily explosive nowadays?

psst. no need to list out reasons on why you don't have time/effort/muse to engage. by now it's all been said. i've seen sites with a large staff team that is nothing more than a friend group. they thrive despite staff doing jack shit because the rest of the community actually bothers to make it their home. it takes two hands to clap, people. i'm looking at an admin burning themself out currently and it's really just sad.

p.s. generic 'you'.
235written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
what i'm seeing is how people say they will support some site, but when it's time to show it, they're not around.

I've actually had sites I was chuffed to join but they only offered a dark skin that'd cause halation for me and blind me within ten minutes.

Big sad. Also the reason I haven't hopped into two sites I've had an eye on.
"Someone's got to die today and you have got the final say. You? Or your crew?"
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
177written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
villa Avatar
genuine sentiment. if you think there's an RP draught right now, then think what role and contribution have you done to keep your previous sites (or current) alive. what i'm seeing is how people say they will support some site, but when it's time to show it, they're not around. member list is full, yet there's no attempt to build ooc/ic connections with each other. everyone's waiting to see what happens. all posts rely on the admin/staff, and when they slow, the entire activity screeches to a halt.

it's pitiful to see some admins try so hard to make things work, only for their effort to fall on deaf ears. meanwhile on pixel or on group chats, people bemoan how there's no sites. seriously? what gives. people say sites are closing too fast at the first sign of inactivity, but when people won't even give those sites a chance because they're dyinnn', how's the site supposed to 'pick it back up'?

meanwhile and ironically, people flock to already big sites with numbers so good that they feed into the admins' egos, that before you know it they're telling the entire server to go get laid because truth to be told, they hated all of you (except you of course. you're in our publicized nice list).

all this 'draught' feels deserved at this point. there won't ever be perfect sites with perfect admins, so maybe next time if something goes wrong, try to help in a positive way, maybe? the number of people automatically assuming bad faith is startling, and it's actually hurting your supply of sites. how many admins can genuinely say they enjoy building a community so easily explosive nowadays?

psst. no need to list out reasons on why you don't have time/effort/muse to engage. by now it's all been said. i've seen sites with a large staff team that is nothing more than a friend group. they thrive despite staff doing jack shit because the rest of the community actually bothers to make it their home. it takes two hands to clap, people. i'm looking at an admin burning themself out currently and it's really just sad.

p.s. generic 'you'.

Preach tho. Seriously, I <3 this message so much.

34written posts
henryearned bits
offlinecurrently
henry
henry Avatar
Don’t talk to me
The hardest part about posting is learning how to do it again after being away from it for a while. I’m doing this thing where I pretend I’m a narrator for my character in a point and click adventure game, examining a room. Then I hope whatever descriptions I end up with at the end can be worked into a decent reply. 😭
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I've smashed out like 6/7 apps in the past few days. just that one left to go but i cannot remember anything about what i was doing x.x part of me hopes the thoughts will just kinda come back, but i may just have to wing it.

pronounsAny
571written posts
offlinecurrently
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁
Part of the Furniture
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 Avatar
I hate it when i get into a media and then i just can’t get over immediately hating a character in it because a shitty ex gf used it as a fc for their just as shitty oc so they got ruined.

It may have been like 5 years ago, only on her private site but still.

no it’s not about anyone who has ever been in this community.
last edit on Jun 12, 2024 2:26:47 GMT by 𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁

local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
802written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
going through my archives has inspired me to want to use some older fcs that used to be super popular (ie, vocaloid, khr!, etc) but that i never got the opportunity to use
aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
230written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
「我等の天下だ 神など要らない。」
hanny Avatar
tfw i get an idea for an event that could be wild af but needs a lot of work put into it to prep so i know i'll just make it all myself

me having started writing the doc for it today and i know i'm nowhere near halfway done and it's already 10 pages send help