aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Still waiting for my writing muse to come back from the war. Or any creative juice, really. I'd even take the motivation for exclusively making little dudes out of clay.
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,562written posts
offlinecurrently
dark balls of sight
Part of the Furniture
dark balls of sight Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
Blocking people in your brain should be a feature

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
257written posts
The Lawearned bits
offlinecurrently
The Law
The Law Avatar
illidan main Avatar
if i can give just a bit of advice to people just starting a site: scope. scope. scope.

if the site is too big ICly for your starting memberbase, your startup site will probably fail. I know personally the seduction of having a million ideas and locations and a bunch of IC drama, but scope is a huge reason behind a site's success or failure.

That pretty much sums up the rise and fall of Hihou in a nutshell. My friend and I were regular players on Shin Hyakuji High School back then, and the former said, "What if we borrow Hyakuji High's "anything-goes" premise, but expand upon it x100?" It was a neat idea on paper, but in practice what we ended up with was one hell of an overdesigned setting with overly bloated rules filled with unnecessary legalese, templates for just about every possible anime archetype under the sun (that we don't even know will even see any RP action to begin with), and too many IC location subforums.

It's not helped that I wasn't really into this project to begin with, and was only roped in because I didn't wanna disappoint my friend. (I.e. I knew deep in my gut this was never gonna catch on, but I didn't have the heart back then to outright say "no" to him) To nobody's surprise, the site failed to draw in anybody besides the two of us and a couple of RP partners we made on Hyakuji. Turns out, the sheer open-endedness (as I said earlier, it aspires to be what Hyakuji was but "do it bigger") turned out to be quite an audience-alienating premise in and of itself.

Hihou pretty much taught me 2 lessons. 1) How not to make and run a site, and 2) never to be a people-pleaser, I.e. Sometimes, you just have to say "no", even to your closest friends.

A multi-anime shared universe high school RP, est. 2016! In the process of restructuring and rebooting! Estimated re-opening date: End 2024 to Q1 2025
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,562written posts
offlinecurrently
dark balls of sight
Part of the Furniture
dark balls of sight Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
I just read about karma!suzaku from that dead codd geass gacha game and wow they really just made suzaku infinitely suffer more WHICH IS IMPRESSIVE HE’S ALREADY IN LIVING HELL

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
434written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Back at it again with the poor decision to attempt to wave post everything all at once to catch up, which may or may not transform into too tired to write after I wave post, causing things to build up yet again to require another wave to stay caught up
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW