Post a Random Thought

236written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
light Avatar
traveller Avatar
Dating my crush didn't work out because I couldn't remember their birthdate.

Get it? It's a joke that uses a pun based on the common expectation with "dating", being to engage in a romantic relationship with someone, then turns it around by instead using the definition of "deciding what time period they are from" by indicating you cannot remember the year they were born.

Which is a double-joke, because romantic pursuits often also do not work out if you cannot remember an important date such as your partner's birthday.

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all day.

"Someone's got to die today and you have got the final say. You? Or your crew?"
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,533written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
ditto become human Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
when it’s not too hot in the philippines, we get floods 😔

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
pronounshe/him
789written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
i think if i went vegan, i'd still eat eggs.

the thing is, if it's for ethical reasons, the way i buy eggs rn is ethical. the chickens are free-range and kept by a woman who sees them as companions. I've seen the chickens, i buy their eggs usually the day they're laid. chickens kept in good conditions just make a lot of eggs that won't ever hatch, so it's pretty okay to eat them. i get for people who don't live in rural areas, this is a bit harder to do, and commercial eggs are from chickens that are mistreated. but if you've ever lived in a rural area, you know that people who take good care of their chickens often have more eggs than they know what to do with.
last edit on Sept 2, 2024 15:03:05 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
802written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
illidan main Avatar

the thing is, if it's for ethical reasons, the way i buy eggs rn is ethical. the chickens are free-range and kept by a woman who sees them as companions. I've seen the chickens, i buy their eggs usually the day they're laid. chickens kept in good conditions just make a lot of eggs that won't ever hatch, so it's pretty okay to eat them. i get for people who don't live in rural areas, this is a bit harder to do, and commercial eggs are from chickens that are mistreated. but if you've ever lived in a rural area, you know that people who take good care of their chickens often have more eggs than they know what to do with.
honestly there's a lot about veganism that doesn't sit right with me- and this is one of those things. the black and white "no animal products, no matter what" is not only like. not feasible for a majority of people, but also a lot of things that are geared towards vegans are like. comically bad for the environment or have a reputation for having abusive labor practices. the one that really gets me are the clothing materials. like "vegan" leather is comically bad for the environment, and whether we like it or not, sheep literally have to be sheared. oftentimes animal hides or pelts are significantly higher quality (leather, wool, etc) even last a lot longer than the synthetic stuff. 

buy leather and wool secondhand if it makes you feel better! but honestly i feel like it's more ethical to do things like you're doing! eating eggs from someone who you know takes good care of her pets is far more ethical than buying say, a vegan leather purse that inevitably ends up in a landfill in 2 years bc it's garbage and broke easily.

i have A Lot of thoughts about veganism as someone who was plantbased at one point in their lives. sometimes i think about giving it another shot (i fucked up last time and made myself very sick bc i was a stupid 19 year old) but i dunno man. i'd miss cheese.
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,533written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
ditto become human Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
going live on bluesky bc my brazilippines gang

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
pronounshe/him
789written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
profit of doom Avatar
illidan main Avatar

honestly there's a lot about veganism that doesn't sit right with me- and this is one of those things. the black and white "no animal products, no matter what" is not only like. not feasible for a majority of people, but also a lot of things that are geared towards vegans are like. comically bad for the environment or have a reputation for having abusive labor practices. the one that really gets me are the clothing materials. like "vegan" leather is comically bad for the environment, and whether we like it or not, sheep literally have to be sheared. oftentimes animal hides or pelts are significantly higher quality (leather, wool, etc) even last a lot longer than the synthetic stuff. 

buy leather and wool secondhand if it makes you feel better! but honestly i feel like it's more ethical to do things like you're doing! eating eggs from someone who you know takes good care of her pets is far more ethical than buying say, a vegan leather purse that inevitably ends up in a landfill in 2 years bc it's garbage and broke easily.

i have A Lot of thoughts about veganism as someone who was plantbased at one point in their lives. sometimes i think about giving it another shot (i fucked up last time and made myself very sick bc i was a stupid 19 year old) but i dunno man. i'd miss cheese.
I've considered cutting back on meat products for health reasons and literally nothing else. veganism is often really uh. how do i put this. it's the liberalism of ethics. it's about feeling good, not doing good. you can definitely tell when these people suggest agave over honey. agave farming is literally driving species of bats extinct, while honey is generally not as exploitative as you'd think it would be. there is no ethical way to eat in our society, given the exploitation of immigrant work for our fruit and vegetables, and also the environmental damage of mass-farming.

and like, living in a rural area has also given me perspective, too. our capitalist food practices are incorrect, yes, but the problem isn't that we eat animals. the problem is the environmental damage caused by mass farming. we need alternatives that are better for the environment. plant-based isn't gonna save the planet.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
791written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
oh, i leave quite an impression; five feet, to be exact.
survived 2 shitty weeks to now get accepted into a writing project i applied for / thought i wouldnt get into from like two months ago LETS GOOOOOO

coming soon.
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
802written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"

oh yeah, i absolutely agree with you. it's funny you bring up agave, because i was going to bring up quinoa for similar reasons lmao
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, Galeforce, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
345written posts
tenebraeearned bits
offlinecurrently
tenebrae
tenebrae Avatar
i bit the tongue behind my teeth (it was never good enough for me)
i thought affording all these new cool games coming out was my biggest problem...

now i found my biggest challenge is all these banger roleplay sites coming out too!

please, have mercy! i only have so much money! (and muse!)
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW