pronounsShe/Her
698written posts
peachearned bits
offlinecurrently
peach
Part of the Furniture
peach Avatar
so it goes.
yeye that was me who suggested it! And those are perfectly fair stipulations. I hate activity checks as much as the next guy lol.

Aaahh and I was thinking... Imagine if it were a "world" created by... GLaDOS... :'D

But also thinking it could work like The Good Place. Have some like AI folks to wander and repeatedly ask how you're doing. Like tutorial NPCs. Haha. Idk I slept for like 2 hours and have crazy whack ideas rn.
last edit on Mar 8, 2023 12:42:21 GMT by peach
pronounsHe/Him
16written posts
Hakureiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Hakurei
Hakurei Avatar
peach Avatar
crunch Avatar
inject that shit into my veins this instant

it's surprisingly pretty conducive to a huge open roleplay if you have everyone playing as a recently-awoken tarnished. they're all just runnin around with their own motives and goals, guided by grace towards the same end of becoming elden lord. entire playerbase of hobos that everyone in the world despises
That'd be super fun. But also I was imagining a setting waaayy before the game, like being a student at the Raya Lucaria Academy. Before the tree burned. Before the Scarlet Rot took Caelid. And then, idk, lead into the events of the game so we can live through the chaos too. ❤️

A good setting would be during one of the wars before the shattering. We have a conflict with the giants, dragons and between Leydell and Raya Lucaria (the later likely the best to explore the daily lives of characters). The whole idea makes me think about how cool would be to have a game based after the true ending of Bloodborne.

The Good Hunter wiping the beasts from Yharnam, leaving the area deserted. Its riches and the secret of blood ministration there for the first to take. Other cities and countries sending their envoys, investigating the hunters and their blood, using them in a faction war as a new wave of beasts appear.

pronounshe/him
33written posts
crunchearned bits
offlinecurrently
crunch
crunch Avatar
Hakurei Avatar
peach Avatar
That'd be super fun. But also I was imagining a setting waaayy before the game, like being a student at the Raya Lucaria Academy. Before the tree burned. Before the Scarlet Rot took Caelid. And then, idk, lead into the events of the game so we can live through the chaos too. ❤️
A good setting would be during one of the wars before the shattering. We have a conflict with the giants, dragons and between Leydell and Raya Lucaria (the later likely the best to explore the daily lives of characters). The whole idea makes me think about how cool would be to have a game based after the true ending of Bloodborne.

The Good Hunter wiping the beasts from Yharnam, leaving the area deserted. Its riches and the secret of blood ministration there for the first to take. Other cities and countries sending their envoys, investigating the hunters and their blood, using them in a faction war as a new wave of beasts appear.

i think the biggest challenge of a pre-shattering roleplay would be doing a lot of worldbuilding on the fly to fill in all the gaps (or rather the giant fucking vacuous hole) regarding what common life was like in the lands between before everything went to shit. you would think with george R.R. martin around he'd be asking all the boring but important questions like "what is their tax policy" "what do they eat" "how did they build all this stuff" "how does everyone feel about the whole 'no one can ever permanently die anymore' thing"

anyway someone do this already i'll help
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
yuan Avatar
someone mentioned it i think?? but an oc site where you can bring back old ocs in a setting thats similar to "after death" to give them a last hoorah is... such a tempting idea uwah

Ask and ye shall receive. >:3c

Or: Something along these lines is in the works, please stand by -
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
P a t h t o N o w h e r e

Would need some AU/forum adaptations, mind, something like "multiple Chiefs exist, but only one per player, with as many Sinners as you can handle" for character creation and get that quasi bonding thing Fate fandoms have going on, just.. you know, poly

And then for plot, we could easily be either a new parallel city and we gotta quell the criminal uprising to return order to each district incrementally, or a new Black Ring threatening the city - a Cataclysm class threat, that may or may not succeed in its reality reset/history rewrite and repeat in a hellish cycle until Someone™ - or, for a forum, Multiple Someones™ - are able to successfully band together and make the future worth living

But you know this is def just a fun idea™ and not anything I'm ever gonna do hahaha
aliasInez
pronounsShe/Her
100written posts
Inezearned bits
offlinecurrently
Inez
Inez Avatar
Add me on Discord: Ikutama
Amondrask Avatar
A The Locked Tomb (Gideon the Ninth etc) roleplay would be absolutely stellar, I'm really surprised that I haven't been able to find any at all, considering how popular the series is online.
I actually am considering it [as you can tell by my graphics on my profile] and have some ideas but finding staff so I am not doing things alone is so hard. I really would put time, and effort into opening one if I could actually find a staff team. I have a skin I could probably do something with for it and have a slight mock up ready when I got bored

If this is something interested in, please hit me up
last edit on Mar 14, 2023 0:42:35 GMT by Inez
ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴍɪɴ ᴏɴ

ᴀ ʜᴀᴅᴇꜱ-ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʀᴇᴇᴋ ᴍʏᴛʜᴏʟᴏɢʏ ʀᴘ ꜰᴏʀᴜᴍ
ʟꜰ ꜱᴛᴀꜰꜰ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ, ᴀᴅᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏʀᴅ
pronounsHe/Him
16written posts
Hakureiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Hakurei
Hakurei Avatar
crunch Avatar
Hakurei Avatar

i think the biggest challenge of a pre-shattering roleplay would be doing a lot of worldbuilding on the fly to fill in all the gaps (or rather the giant fucking vacuous hole) regarding what common life was like in the lands between before everything went to shit. you would think with george R.R. martin around he'd be asking all the boring but important questions like "what is their tax policy" "what do they eat" "how did they build all this stuff" "how does everyone feel about the whole 'no one can ever permanently die anymore' thing"

anyway someone do this already i'll help
On an interview he said he made the world before the shattering how things led to it, while the world post destruction was a From Softwere work taking his writing as basis. To us fans the answers would merely speculative: we see questlines that clearly mention nobility beyond the House of the Erdtree and Caria. Families that take order from higher nobles to keep castles and treasures and that lead troops of their own.  At the same time, peasants that are taken to war and generally oppressed in proximity to great castles. Crime is ripe on the roads, as we can take from the Bandit starting class. Capable fighters roam the land (Vagabond, Warrior and Hero) likely as mercenaries, and the church of the Erdtree has its own secret police (Confessor). Even the heresy that does not reach them is punished by the people, those who speak of heretic visions (Prophet) are banished after all.

From all that it is easy to assume part of what lies behind the vacuous lore: a theocracy instituted on the feudal system used in ASOIAF. From there we can equate the food to that of the mevieval European.  A far harder adaptation would be in Yharnam. We don't know of its neighoors, of which country it makes part or if in the world it exists there are only castles and city-states.
256written posts
The Lawearned bits
onlinecurrently
The Law
The Law Avatar
A space opera forum RPG with superhero elements, loosely inspired by works like the Star Power webcomic series. Ideally, it should be a more campy, kitschy kind of setting that isn't too hard on the 'science' part. I.e. Interstellar travel via FTL is readily available, playable alien species are predominantly humanoid in their physiology and psychology, psionics and/or space magic like The Force or Green Lanterns are a thing, etc. With the narrative being more focused on trope-y space opera stuff like over-the-top space adventures and political intrigue rather than scientific accuracy. (aka. Bring on the space catgirls, green/blue-skinned space waifus, rather than incomprehensible starfish aliens or inscrutable transhuman AI Gods)

Despite being a large setting, it would very much be preferred that the narratives should be revolve predominantly around a single planet, that's some sort of galactic Antioch, a world that sits at the hub of several major interstellar trade routes, giving it much political, economic and cultural significance in the wider galaxy, a-la Coruscant. Keeping the narrative constrained to a relatively small location also gives more impetus for members to plot with and bounce ideas off one another, rather than get spread too thinly each doing their own self-contained thing.
last edit on Mar 16, 2023 4:44:40 GMT by The Law

A multi-anime shared universe high school RP, est. 2016! In the process of restructuring and rebooting! Estimated re-opening date: End 2024 to Q1 2025