✿ ⋮ TIR CHONAILL | mabinogi, harvest moon, rune fact

65written posts
jarearned bits
offlinecurrently
jar
jar Avatar

Hi Pixel Perfect Community,

I'm working hard to bring an animanga rp that intentionally focuses on the cozy tropes / feelers found in games such as Mabinogi, Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, Atelier series, Tales series, Animal Crossing, Sims Series, and Breath of the Wild.

I want to commit to a long-term role-play that has a warm feel in both in character and out of character. I want it to always be easily accessible to newcomers.

SETTING:
The story will center around the residents of Tir Chonaill.

Tir Chonaill is a small hillside town located in northeast Uladh, It is home to the descendents of the Partholons, founders of the Uladh kingdom. The villagers of this scenic town are a small, self-sufficient and independent group of farmers and ranchers raising crops and cattle. The residents of Tir Chonaill prefer peace and isolation, content with little exposure to the massive world of Erinn. However, those with a more adventurous spirit can further venture beyond Tir Chonaill to Dunbarton through the Dugald Aisle...

THEMES:
To enable the coziness feel - We will focus on one village, developing the nuances in one small settlement. The role-play won't center on a large world and spread out plots and developments, it will be centralized and close-nit. The role-play will be story / plot driven, and game mechanics will be used as a tool to add to character growth and surprises along the way.

Dungeons & Adventure - The Adventurers guild will need to travel through dark dungeons and go on quests beyond the village gate. There is also danger lurking in the nearby forest. Dangerous beings will constantly challenge the livelihood of the Tir Chonaill villagers. As expected, many Chonaillians will devote their lives protecting the village. If desired, we can go on quests outside of the gates of Tir Chonaill -- as well as lurk underground dungeons. Although the role-play focuses on one particular village, this won't stop the heart of many adventurers.

Relationships, Love & Socialization - Tir Chonaill is filled with love, close-knit families, and friendships. Notable tenderness and romance comes from this warm village, but like any group of people - relationship strife is bound to happen. Drama and interesting relationship dynamics are encouraged. Role-players will take on jobs within the village which will enable more character development and interaction opportunities with other role-players. Players can have multiple roles within the village if it makes sense. There will be roles such as store owners, farmers, fortune-tellers, bakers, seamstresses etc. There will also be a guard, and an adventurers guild, of course. 
- Politics & War will also be integrated within different arcs, but won't be a main focus.
 - Families, Family Trees, Heritage, and Family History will be a focus as well. Blood relations between characters is encouraged but not required.
- Comedy is needed! We will have our dramatic moments, but comedy is often lacking in many role-plays -- so we want to explore these this theme as much as possible. 

*As a role-player it is up to you to decide what aspect of the role-play you will focus on. You only have to participate in threads that suit your fancy. You have the ability to mold your experience to your liking.

MECHANICS:
We will use simple mechanics for battles and crafting. The mechanics will be optional in plenty aspects of the role-play. This will be a Fixed time role-play - All actions we take as a role-player matter. It will be documented and added to the master timeline. You can always make threads in the past for flashbacks and character development purposes. This will enable new subplots and ideas to grow and develop.

TODO LIST & UPDATES:
I will need to attempt to code or commission a skin for the site. Aesthetics, User experience, and organization are important to me, so I want to find a jcink template that will be the right fit. I am currently working out the mechanics at the moment while also fleshing out the plot structure and other components.

Updates will be posted in this thread, and you can post to show interest & I will alert you when it launches!

I am currently seeking staff / help of any kind.  

For folks interested in staffing / helping. I created a google form.

*Ask me any questions here or on discord! 
MY DISCORD: jar#8762

last edit on Aug 29, 2021 14:01:19 GMT by jar
pronounshe/him
880written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
you sold me on "settlement building", which is definitely a type of rp i've been wanting to see again with hm and rf inspiration. please indeed keep us updated, i'd like to see where this goes!

Now serving!
65written posts
jarearned bits
offlinecurrently
jar
jar Avatar
Desmond Miles Avatar
you sold me on "settlement building", which is definitely a type of rp i've been wanting to see again with hm and rf inspiration. please indeed keep us updated, i'd like to see where this goes!
Yesss its def a throwback for sure. When the rp first starts out, the village economics and development will be relatively low / small. Then it can grow or decline as the rp continues when dealing with trade, natural disasters, politics, role-players etc. I do think it'll be a lotta fun for more casual rpers and those who really like to sink their teeth in. I will make sure to alert you as soon as possible. I just gotta find someone to help with my skin / coding things sjdfiojfdsio. 
pronounsshe/her
97written posts
mellow♡earned bits
offlinecurrently
mellow♡
mellow♡ Avatar
h-....how is this everything i've ever loved combined? i don't understand. as frightened as i am that i may have a clone running about, please understand you have my full, heartfelt, RABID SUPPORT GOOD LORD.

i am SUPER sick right now so i can't offer much in way of assistance (/trips) but i am growing a third eye right now so i can keep THREE EYES ON THIS. THREE OF THEM.
65written posts
jarearned bits
offlinecurrently
jar
jar Avatar
mellow♡ Avatar
h-....how is this everything i've ever loved combined? i don't understand. as frightened as i am that i may have a clone running about, please understand you have my full, heartfelt, RABID SUPPORT GOOD LORD.

i am SUPER sick right now so i can't offer much in way of assistance (/trips) but i am growing a third eye right now so i can keep THREE EYES ON THIS. THREE OF THEM.

omggg yesssss. I sprinkled all of the goodies together. joifdsjifojfs. keep that eye open, stay WOKE! But no pressure on the help, your presence is enough -- it brings brings the heat~! 💫 
65written posts
jarearned bits
offlinecurrently
jar
jar Avatar
๖ۣۜLord Orivien Avatar
This looks like fun. 👀

Im soooo hyped!! stick around and I'll post updates here. I think a new one is coming soon for feedback. 💜
last edit on Jun 27, 2021 22:20:22 GMT by jar
65written posts
jarearned bits
offlinecurrently
jar
jar Avatar
Some Talents I am working on! Looking for feedback. Talents determine which skill trees are available to the per. Skills have various effects, such as influencing roll modifiers for combat and crafting.

Adventuring
Archery
Alchemy
Carpentry
Masonry
Whips & Chainery
Weapon Mastery
Culinary Arts
Abjuration Arts
Elemental Magic
Hand-to-Hand
Medicine
Performing Arts
Animal Husbandry
Smithing
Tailoring
Agriculture
Lore
Bard Magic

last edit on Jun 27, 2021 23:28:16 GMT by jar
pronounshe/him
880written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
omg actual skill trees and progression systems??? i've honest to god have been dying for that, i miss the days of old with harvest moon rps where it was an actual point to build up your farm, and it felt so satisfying, watching after a year that my character's farm went from a dirt patch to a thriving farm that he was able to have a family on. that's an experience ive been wanting to have again for years now. im so much more excited for this than i was -check watch- 5 hours ago haha

Now serving!
aliasphimbolina
pronounsfeminine
548written posts
PHIMBOearned bits
offlinecurrently
PHIMBO
Part of the Furniture
PHIMBO Avatar
So, too, is Death possessed of infinite strategies and a gaunt nature.
this is cute tbh — i have a lot on my plate so i can't say i'd commit, but i wanted 2 say this is something missing in the community and u have my full support !!!
210written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
gosh, this sounds SPLENDID. you've already roped me in with the wonderful premise, the names sound like they come right out of a story book.

i adore the idea of building a settlement and seeing players contribute to the main storyline. a good skin could go a long way toward making this concept even more immersive, such as adding an interactive map that updates as we progress.

i haven't coded recreationally in awhile, but if you can't find someone to build this, i'd be happy to assist. i can also help troubleshoot if you're coding this yourself. looking forward to this!!