offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
[attr="class","sidetxt1"]too many faces to please
[attr="class",sidetxt2"]i can't see a place for me
[attr="class","sidetag"]@ everyone
[attr="class","bodytxtt"]Hey y'all, it's Christmas Eve for me, though it might be different for you - but let's pretend shall we? More of a gift for everyone. 10 bits for everyone who likes the post, but 50 bits for you to reply and talk about 5 things that went well or made you happy this year. It can be something simple like getting a meal you liked or something deep like something so meaningful to you.
[break]
I'll go first. On mid december, I almost died. I have now reached 10 times I've almost died in the past 10 years. Let's hope life stops wanting to equal it out and I'll be thrilled. My husband got me a weeb sword that's blue, and let me tell you blue is my favorite color (who would have guessed). I managed to get and foster a baby orange girl named Penny. My neighbor and I have only gotten closer and while I didn't need to know her medical issues in such detail (mam, I do not know what it means when you pee that color), she now feels like a grandmother that I can't live without. I feel very blessed to have her in my life. And for the fifth thing, I'm happy to still be here in the community and helping you all even if sometimes I'm bad with remembering calendar days and doing sh*t on time. But I love you all very much!
[break]
Thank you for the table Crane - it's really beautiful- I only edited the font size so everyone can see it a bit better. Now you can go everyone! This will close whenever I get home tomorrow from bringing the ice maker to the ice monster.
[attr="class","cranecred00"]MADE BY CRANE

[newclass=.sidetxt1]width:80px;text-align:justify;font:8px Roboto Condensed;text-transform:uppercase;border-bottom:double 5px #E8E8E8;border-top:double 4px #E8E8E8;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidetxt2]width:80px;text-align:justify;font:8px Roboto Condensed;text-transform:uppercase;border-top:double 5px #E8E8E8;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidetag]width:80px;text-align:center;font:10px Roboto Condensed;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;border-top:double 4px #E8E8E8;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidetag a]text-align:center!important;font:10px Roboto Condensed!important;text-transform:uppercase!important;letter-spacing:1px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bodytxtt]background-color:transparent;width:330px;text-align:justify;font:12px Spectral;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cranecred00]background-color:#F1F1F1;opacity:0;font-size:7px;font-family:arial;padding:5px;width:65px;margin-top:10px;margin-left:270px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[Googlefont="Spectral"]
[Googlefont="Roboto Condensed"]

[Googlefont="Noto Sans"]
last edit on Apr 26, 2024 9:20:29 GMT by pharaoh leap
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,134written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
let's see. Five good things that happened this year...

It's kind of hard to find the good things sometimes, so I like this post.

1. I got Crow! I had been so down since my best friend(cat) died a few years back, and earlier this year a kitten that looked strikingly like him appeared to me. His attitude is a lot the same. He's super hyperactive, but an absolute blessing.

2. Finally the gd paperwork went through, and we're no longer struggling nearly as much as before.

3. I made some new friends and that's always super cool

4. Kinda learned jcink coding. I'm not sure that counts terribly much but I'm happy about it at least.

5. T.T I paid off my car. It's all mine now.

6. (not included) I got an axolotl T.T and he's so cute and so stupid and he brings joy to my every day existence.

Merry Christmas Neko, and the Pixel Community!

aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
664written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
Happy Holidays, PP!

1. I was the maid of honor for my best friend's wedding! Even though I couldn't do traditional MOH things (plan bachelorette, etc etc) because of the distance, it still filled me with such love for her to consider me. I thought for sure it would be her niece, and I had made peace with that, so when I got the letter in the mail asking to be her MOH, I cried. ♥

2. I adopted another fur baby, my silly Peachy girl. She's become so attached to me in these past few months that I've had her. I adore my two kitties but she is definitely my baby. I can't even close the bathroom door without her wigging out. She's always there waiting for me when I come out. xD

3. While my job is not the greatest sometimes, I received upskilling that not a lot of people get and I became one of two people in the entire region that could do this certain training program, to train new hires. It feels really special, even if it is a lot more on my plate.

4. I finally feel like one of the cool kids with a PS5!

5. I've reconnected with some old RP friends ( ♥) and then some, and it feels really nice after losing some friends. I'm excited to see what next year brings in terms of writing and plotting!
last edit on Dec 24, 2023 23:20:24 GMT by NIGHTBLOOM

coming soon.
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
724written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
five things that went well this year? 

1. i passed speech class by the skin of my teeth. i am not someone who can plan very well, and to a professional public speaker like my professor, this was an issue. i cried a lot. 

2. the day that i got to go on an all day field trip to the art museum. not only did i get paid to go, but entry was free for me and everything. it was pretty rad. i was with someone from work, and we had a blast. 

3. my fibro symptoms going away for the first time in years! :) they are back now

4. my co-room para (who is my work bestie) gifted me these stunning silver bangles that she had bought back home. i thought it was so kind of her to remember that i preferred silver over gold. i wear a lot of jewelry already, but now i legitimately feel like my cat who jingles when he walks lmao. 

5. when my friend and i caught up in the saw franchise in quick succession. like a single weekend. it was a lot of fun

pronounshe/him
881written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
  1. Was a groomsman for my bff's wedding. maybe stole the show a little with how stunningly handsome i was (and am haha). but it was just very fun to see a lot of old friends there (esp a friend and his wife who i hadnt seen since their wedding in 2020)
  2. switched my major at school, im in anthropology now! passed my classes this semester too!
  3. (re)opened my site at last. even got to re-connect with some rp friends. im so grateful for my little community <3
  4. was gifted an old gaming latop. spent my entire summer on steam playing left 4 dead lmfao. but alongside it, i have grown closer to a community server that ive been a part of now that we game at least twice a week.
  5. the AWL remake came to the rest of the world over the summer and god. oh my god. the way that game had such a grip on not just me, but also my friends. it was even more fun to just bond collectively with the group when we were all playing the same game together religiously.

Now serving!
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,324written posts
offlinecurrently
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
Part of the Furniture
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
1z. Dog didnt die
2. Technically i didnt get banned. i left. That showed them!!
3. Made many good gaming memories with old buddies
4. Getting back to rp… thats a good thing right
5. Me being awarded 69 bits under the table wait was i not supposed to say that
etch o' sketch
aliasyung ecchi god
pronounsshe/they
149written posts
yung ecchiearned bits
offlinecurrently
yung ecchi
yung ecchi Avatar
you and i are gonna live forever.
· My s/o met my family for the first time. I was very nervous but my dad and grandma love him and to this day ask how he’s doing constantly. This is the first time my parents have met anyone, so in a sense that is a personal milestone for me too. He’s a good man and I’m grateful for him.

· I got my first pet earlier this year! Her name is London Tipton and she’s obnoxious, but like any freeloading cat who pays no bills yet lies around the house doing absolutely nothing, she is loved and cherished. I had a minor freak out when I thought she got out of the house a few days ago (she’s 100% an indoors cat), but she ended up just being inside of my empty luggage under my bed? Nearly gave me a heart attack anyway.

· My partner and I celebrated our 1 years anniversary around the time he met my family. He’s laying next to me now, snoring up a storm like a hibernating bear. To say he makes me happy is an understatement.

· I distanced myself from rping. Realizing I was taking all of it (the drama, the nonsense, the absurdity of it all), I backed off from it—maybe for good. I come back here every now and again to see who’s still kicking, though. It was good for my mental state and I’m proud of myself for being self aware enough to know I needed to step back from what does not benefit me. I still like to write but I’ve found better avenues to express my creativity that don’t burn me out as fast. Every now and again I consider coming back to it, yet I feel as if I may have outgrown it at least.

· Falling back in love with reading has also been a pleasant surprise for me this year. My s/o bought me all of the Redwall series, which I haven’t read since I was in middle school. I think it was this book series that made me appreciate writing for the love of writing and began to write myself. The author has a way with words that is full of whimsy and hope that I’ve always wanted to emulate. I’ve been spending a lot of time reading, writing, painting/drawing and even got into volunteer work with animals. Indulging my interests have done great for me mentally and physically.

…But yeah, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Now I go back to playing BG3 (I’m romancing Gale this time after kissing Wyll for three consecutive playthroughs).
aliasmany - just ask!
pronounsShe/They
203written posts
eulalieearned bits
offlinecurrently
eulalie
eulalie Avatar
Let the mighty be humbled.
Happy Holidays everyone! Things that went well for me are below. Woo!

1. First thing to start off the year, I got promoted! Ended up becoming a manager for the accounting department I work for. Oddly, I have a mix of more, but less work to do while getting paid more. I expect that to pick up more next year though as I take on new projects.

2. We finally had our wedding reception this year. Hubs and I did technically get married legally in 2022 (after COVID ruined our plans in 2020 and held off). Everyone's still talking about it since September. So, I'm very much happy it went off without much issue.

3. Kind of going with the last one, it's still contingent but we have an offer accepted on a house. \ o / Look at us adulting. We want a dog - very, very soon please.

4. Ended up making a lot of new friends while still staying connected with old ones.

5. Started to do more drawing again this year, which has helped me immensely when getting commissions for my D&D characters. I even had one thank me for at least giving something when it comes to more original characters instead. (While they like doing the FFXIV ones, I apparently give them some room to flex LOL)

6. Learned my limits on what I can handle and what I can't. Sounds like a weird one, but as someone that has a hard time saying no - I learned to say enough is enough now.

7. I had a clean bill of health this year outside of needing to take some supplements. Had a scare with my thyroid until I was told it was just enlarged but no underlying health issue with it!
aliasJen, DeJener8
pronounsShe/her
244written posts
Jenesisearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jenesis
Jenesis Avatar
1. I got MARRIED!

2. I bought a HOUSE!

3. I had a great birthday party.

4. I managed to complete a legacy board game campaign without my group falling apart due to scheduling issues.

5. I learned that not only can I create OCs with highkey main character energy, but people... like them and respond positively to my plot pitches for them?!
aliasmori, manon, saki
pronounsshe / her
631written posts
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒earned bits
offlinecurrently
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒
Part of the Furniture
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒 Avatar
i know you see yourself as a fighter. well, i see myself as one, too.

merry christmas and happy holidays everyone!

five good things that happened to me this year:

• made a full year in therapy. it was a very big step for me, and i've come super far. onto bigger and better things!
  • got straight a's this past semester. blood, sweat, and literal tears went into it so! very proud
  • finally got some time to get back into writing. i really needed the creative outlet
  • cut some toxic relatives out of my life finally (thank you therapy!). i am genuinely better off without them, and a lot healthier mentally for it
  • pet so many cats this yr. my friend's mom has 15 on her own and they were all so affectionate and sweet.

the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
703written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
five things that went well, ez.

1. started this year a broke uni student consistently stressed off her ass with a rlly rough irl situation spanning months while being therapist to a lot of shit i shouldn't have been a therapist to; ended this year with a degree, a thesis, honors, a well-paying job, and a reminder of the absolutely incredible people in my social circles and healthy relationships ive already got

2. bought a new snazzy gaming laptop with my own money after yearning to get a new laptop since 2020 and toughing it out with my old on life-support laptop for 3 years

3. got into a rlly competitive well-paying traineeship program for a big international media conglomerate that had over 100+ applicants all around the country and only accepted 30 after a rigorous vetting process including interviews, focus groups, assessments, and webinars. they only got who they deemed "the absolute Best the country has to offer" which i'll take as a major w

4. got back into reading despite a massive multi-year reading slump i'd been on, and finished a book i rlly enjoyed within 3 days!

5. in relation to the above, just got overwhelmed with absolute love, support, and care from a lot of people within my community, and my social circles irl and online, as well as people beyond those spheres after a rough stint a few months back. genuinely cannot be any happier with where i'm at.

jokingly called this year to my friends and my therapist (so another w: finally got the financial stability & motivation to get therapy after wanting to do so for so many years), this was rlly the year of character development for me and as much of a hot mess it was, i'm p satisfied with how it turned out for me and my choices. which, if you told me i'd be in this mindset and position last january, i would NOT believe you and still be crying over thesis.

all in all - for all its highs and lows, merry christmas and happy holidays everyone! here's to the new year, baby.
last edit on Dec 25, 2023 7:08:37 GMT by CEL

coming soon.
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
535written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
2023 was a tough year, but it was a hard-paved road towards healing after dealing with the death of a parent back in 2022. I didn't really get in any significant roleplaying done this year but I'm hoping that 2024 would be different, and to set aside a lot of past differences in my communities and social circles for a fresh restart.

One, while I simultaneously was stressed and overworked at my old job, I loved all the people there and I genuinely miss them ever since I quit to move to Australia. Made some really great friendships with coworkers I never knew I could have (all of my previous coworkers at different jobs were just nice acquaintances at best) and they were all so supportive about me making the big change to move to a new country.

Two, helped my family take care of final affairs of our loved one and seeing them genuinely making positive steps to healing through our grief. And on the positive side, I helped my mom reconnect with her estranged sister and they're back to being best friends again.

Three, I moved to Australia!

Four, the amount of paperwork I had to do to get to stay in Australia is insane but it was a gigantic hurdle that I'm so glad I managed to get over. So many documents to prepare, so many forms to fill out, and not to mention begging the officers at the local police station to fingerprint me so I can certify that I am Certainly Not A CriminalTM 🙃

And five, my SO's family and extended family are some of the most warmest, kindest, giving people I know, and I'm so grateful to be included as well. We're all going on a trip up to Queensland next year together and it's going to be my first "tropical" vacation in god knows how many years.
pronounsthey/them
185written posts
inkearned bits
offlinecurrently
ink
ink Avatar
2023 was sort of the “i’m still kicking” year.

- got a new job that paid me 50% more than my last one and requires me to work 50% less. this was nice because 3 years ago i was straight up convinced that i was permanently unemployable lmfao. there are a lot of frustrations but i’m giving myself permission to coast for a little bit
- i’m working on my first site in … almost a decade! i’m kind of nervous about how much the rpc has changed during that time but i hope everything goes well
- went to japan by myself!!! and realized that traveling by myself if i don’t speak the local language is very boring lmfao. next year the travel plans will be better…hopefully
- started getting into watching movies at the theater. i always thought it was a huge waste of money. now i get it’s not about watching the movie, it’s about being able to talk to people about new movies.
- i’m starting the paperwork to buy a house!!! just gotta wait on some tax paperwork next year but man i did not think that i would be in the financial position to buy a house in a major city at the beginning of 2023. i do feel a little weird doing this while single but i feel like there's a point where you have to make life happen instead of waiting for life to happen to you
last edit on Dec 25, 2023 9:40:25 GMT by ink
the chalk prince
aliasecho
pronounsthey / them
917written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i still fall for you like suns do for skies.
five good things that happened to me this year:

1. i got an official adhd diagnosis! this means i can now get accommodations at my new job that will help me succeed rather than burn out only 2 months into the career.
2. i got a job that pays really well. i have been unemployed since 2020 after a stint in the hospital due to the 'vid leaving me with a multitude of health issues. now that i've got a good doctor, i'm finally on a medication regime that actually works for me instead of one that "might work since it works for others".
3. my new doctor actually listened to me about my symptoms and devised a individual recovery plan for each step. it's been working WONDERS too. i feel better than i have in literal years.
4. i got engaged!! which is so weird for me to say but i'm very happy with this development. never, ever would i expect myself to be one for marriage but i'm super happy about it and looking forward to everything that comes with it (yes, even the downers).
5. because of aforementioned engagement, i'm going to be moving out of my parents house come summer of 2024 permanently and i couldn't be more happy.
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
389written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
2023 was both a lot of victory and kinda rough! A lot of heartbreak, crying, construction, deconstruction, destruction— but a lot of good moments too. And honestly, it's all good set-up for what's to come. I won't take back anything that 2023 has given and taken from me, and honestly, I'm grateful that I've learned a lot in the process.

1. FINALLY FINISHED GRAD SCHOOL. I cried way more than I thought I would for this omfg, I was still very salty that I was supposed to be finished last December, but I feel like everything lined up the way that it was supposed to and I got a better education for it. Grad school had been a long journey— COVID made it terrible, I was orienting at a new job at the same time, I had to transfer schools because the testing policy at my old school was rough, but hey I ended up in a better program, and I have a job offer waiting for me as soon as I finish my licensure exam. I'm so happy I get to have my life back.

2. I branched out and ended up making a lot of new friends while cosplaying. I won't say that I am the most body positive person toward myself, but it really boosted my confidence to be in cosplay, and I'm so happy that it's taught me that I could still make a lot of new friends. I was feeling super terrible between 2019 until maybe 2021/2022 because of losing my high school friend group and wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make new friends. Moving back to my hometown after undergrad really did me in, and my old Monday through Friday job made me miserable. So yeah, it was such a good step in a new direction to start becoming social again and making new friends.

3. Besides conventions, I took a lot of trips this year. I was a bridesmaid for one of my friend's weddings. I went to another friend's wedding in Singapore with my best friend. I went to Vegas for a work conference and brought my friend and we goofed off so hard that one time, we got into a pool party for free, we were about to pay for our overpriced drinks at the bar, and then a lady comes up to us and gets us into this cabana with heated pool at the pool party for free. So basically— what a wonderful time to be a woman in Vegas. I went to Toronto and got to meet an RP friend, went to a cousin's wedding, and then the big trip that I had been waiting for... I went to Japan! I still have to sort through my photos and videos and compile my video for that trip, but all these experiences make me so excited for the future again.

4. I'm reading books again! This makes me so happy, it's been a while since I've been able to read for fun. So, I'm definitely looking for more recommendations as I go along. I really am getting into a more narrative kick and want to be reading more, and I think it helped that I fell into Disco Elysium in the beginning of the year.

5. I'm learning to love myself better. I've spent a good chunk of this year feeling like a second choice, second best, conditional and not really worthy of love or care when I feel like I'd been treated poorly both in the past and in this year and believing that maybe I deserved it. My Spotify wrapped embarrassed me because there was a lot of Laufey on it oops, but I'm slowly doing the work and remembering to do things that I love and engaging in the friendships that have nourished me. It's still a work in progress, and I still feel like it's never going to fully go away, but I'm glad to be laying down the tracks to attempt to be better to myself. The voice in your head can be the cruelest one, even if you endeavor to care for others. I'm just glad that this year has shown me that people do care and that I should reach out more often.