aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
177written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
Been fighting off the urge for a while to make a new Devil May Cry roleplay site. 

Edit: Making a mock up skin has not appeased the urge one bit.
album of the skin
last edit on Nov 28, 2023 10:39:16 GMT by «Fr¤§t¥»
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, Galeforce, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
345written posts
tenebraeearned bits
offlinecurrently
tenebrae
tenebrae Avatar
i bit the tongue behind my teeth (it was never good enough for me)
tho it's something that will definitely have to wait til we get more lore with its release next year. kingdom hearts: missing link, sounds like the perfect setting to put an AU KH RP. not connected to any canons due to their place in the timeline (or you can just act like canons never existed if they do have connections). possibly an endless choice of worlds to explore and venture to and kill heartless/maintain the balance. societies with some Pureblood/Squib/Muggle Harry Potter classism/elitism with whose bloodlines are related to the Founder(s) and those who are not. it could be an interesting way to revive the KH RP community, i think! cause who doesn't want to play the era where all the Jed- I mean Keyblade Wielders are plentiful? the height of their society! yeah, just a future idea is all. c:
last edit on Nov 29, 2023 21:48:34 GMT by tenebrae
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
548written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
something where people can make gods / demigods / mythological creatures to mingle around with. maybe with modern world shenanigans.

also... soulmate site... but gimme something a little gritty. y'know some deeper plot that connects to how everyone is connected or somethin'. like loveless without the problematic themes.
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
177written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
The longer it stays in my head, the more I want to make a combined Bayonetta x Devil May Cry site. I'd be 50% of the way there if I just knew how to transfer my random coding scribbles to an actual jcink forum.
last edit on Dec 6, 2023 7:24:01 GMT by «Fr¤§t¥»
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
802written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
The longer it stays in my head, the more I want to make a combined Bayonetta x Devil May Cry site. I'd be 50% of the way there if I just knew how to transfer my random coding scribbles to an actual jcink forum.
If you haven’t started doing it already, I recommend to start copying jcink’s stylesheet onto codepen when you start coding a new skin project. It’s a bit clunky to navigate, yeah, but it’ll make transferring the skin to jcink 10000% easier. It also will then have some things already written for you that way that you can just go back and edit later to your liking, like the links and whatnot. Total lifesaver.
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
177written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
profit of doom Avatar
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
If you haven’t started doing it already, I recommend to start copying jcink’s stylesheet onto codepen when you start coding a new skin project. It’s a bit clunky to navigate, yeah, but it’ll make transferring the skin to jcink 10000% easier. It also will then have some things already written for you that way that you can just go back and edit later to your liking, like the links and whatnot. Total lifesaver.

My biggest hang up right now is the whole, what goes where in terms of html and have it all line up correctly with of all the <% thing %>'s and <!--|other things|-->
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
802written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar

also i was going to respond to this and forgot, bc i think this could be interesting to combine the lore from both franchises. would this be stat based or no? i know the power scaling/leveling would lend itself to that but i could see it going either way.

also, re: your issue with jcink. yeah, that sucks man. jcink's got a wicked learning curve, and i feel like the wiki that john set up to help people code for it needs to be updated/overhauled, bc it's kind of hard to navigate and is otherwise just outdated. like the last i checked it doesn't even have the right stylesheet on it lmao
aliasInez
pronounsShe/Her
100written posts
Inezearned bits
offlinecurrently
Inez
Inez Avatar
Add me on Discord: Ikutama
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
I said it in your graphic gallery, but I'd be so down doing some heavy leg work to help a site like that flourish considering.
ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴍɪɴ ᴏɴ

ᴀ ʜᴀᴅᴇꜱ-ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʀᴇᴇᴋ ᴍʏᴛʜᴏʟᴏɢʏ ʀᴘ ꜰᴏʀᴜᴍ
ʟꜰ ꜱᴛᴀꜰꜰ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ, ᴀᴅᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏʀᴅ
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
177written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
Inez Avatar
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
I said it in your graphic gallery, but I'd be so down doing some heavy leg work to help a site like that flourish considering.

I'll likely DM you eventually if that's cool. I'm still wishy washy on the idea and I'd at least rather have some things set up first like typing out lore information and stuff.

profit of doom Avatar
also i was going to respond to this and forgot, bc i think this could be interesting to combine the lore from both franchises. would this be stat based or no? i know the power scaling/leveling would lend itself to that but i could see it going either way.

also, re: your issue with jcink. yeah, that sucks man. jcink's got a wicked learning curve, and i feel like the wiki that john set up to help people code for it needs to be updated/overhauled, bc it's kind of hard to navigate and is otherwise just outdated. like the last i checked it doesn't even have the right stylesheet on it lmao

I may very well make a genuine interest check then, just to test the waters a little and not take away from this thread. But to answer your question, neither game really has level scaling in it, it's all about wracking up points and then buying abilities for weapons and styles you unlock throughout the game. So some sort of point shop with small things like Bounties and Secret Missions that award points. Then those points can be used to unlock stuff. Like skills, or styles, Devil arms, weapons, or other things. Would have to figure it all out and I would definitely make it more in line with the games.