Faceclaim Confessions

pronounshe/him
734written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
i will admit finding good female animanga FCs is pretty hard if you have ~certain aesthetic preferences~. by that i mean "not 14 and has a unique face shape."

but like you'll also occasionally see me using male FCs for women just because my supply of GNC FCs is so low and i find the male FCs are androgynous enough to count. i am also transmasc and spent a lot of time identifying as a butch before I came out, and the supply of available butch options is BAD. BAD. BAD. it's like Vi from Arcane and maybe Ruby from Steven Universe and that's IT. catch me using all ur anime bad boys as women because I Said So.
last edit on Feb 14, 2024 4:03:21 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
Dark Empress
aliasYuki
pronounsshe/her
398written posts
Empress Yukiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Empress Yuki
Empress Yuki Avatar
Do you think we can be just like you?
I am very much female and identified as one. However because I read a lot of shonen, yaoi, shonen ai manhwa/manga, my taste geared towards playing as male ocs. Not only that, barring otome games, I would 100% choose male mcs just so I can admire and accumulate data for my future ocs.

Some ocs I would reuse old fcs, but most would have new fcs from whichever series I fancy.

this is just my personal pet peeve, but i dislike the breast propotion on females. Some are too big for my taste. Some, not all...
pronounsAny
540written posts
offlinecurrently
for someone who doesnโ€™t like the color pink, I play a lot of female characters with pink hair.
The truth is hiding in your eyes
And it's hanging on your tongue
Just boiling in my blood
pronounsshe/her
156written posts
Macchiatoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Macchiato
Macchiato Avatar

I totally understand a lot of animanga face claims are young by default, but when someone uses a super young looking faceclaim (im talking like 12-15) for a character that is 18+, i feel SUUUUPER uncomfortable. Especially because, in most cases, they're always women. 
aliasvale
pronounsthey/them, he/him
67written posts
valeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vale
vale Avatar
"Hmm... Are you comfortable talking to me, Itsuki?"
does anyone else have a tendency to draw/doodle (or picrew!) ocs first when you really get their Vibe down, and Then find a faceclaim to match what your brain comes up with? every day i suffer bc i came up with a perfectly good little guy in my mind but then i have to find a doppleganger who looks just like the brain image i already have of them...
"hello, i'm nazuna nito, a member of ra*bits!"
art credit @ ryoko kui - dungeon meshi official art
9written posts
owliearned bits
offlinecurrently
owli
owli Avatar
I keep using book face claims, of all things. My characters are predominantly female and I find that anime/manga FC's don't really work for me. They usually look far too young.
Also because I am clearly a glutton for punishment when it comes to consistent artwork. 

kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,348written posts
offlinecurrently
wdym we're 5 months in 2024
Part of the Furniture
wdym we're 5 months in 2024 Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
clock Avatar
Female fcs in suits expand my lifespan by 30 years.

the succubus coming for me looking like theyโ€™re going to a business meeting
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,348written posts
offlinecurrently
Part of the Furniture
Itโ€™s funny how ppl can use mainstream gacha games as fcs and itโ€™s widely accepted but when ppl use mainstream anime as fcs itโ€™s cringe
pronounsAny
540written posts
offlinecurrently
Itโ€™s funny how ppl can use mainstream gacha games as fcs and itโ€™s widely accepted but when ppl use mainstream anime as fcs itโ€™s cringe
idk your rp circles but Iโ€™ve personally never heard this.
The truth is hiding in your eyes
And it's hanging on your tongue
Just boiling in my blood
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,348written posts
offlinecurrently
Part of the Furniture
๐น๐‘’๐“‡๐’ถ๐“ Avatar

maybe times have changed (or are slowly are) but mainstream anime fc rep gets bad reputation bc non-para rpers pick them as their first choice. Anime is easily how people learn about rping and they naturally gravitate to using the cool protag who is either very kind and brave or sasuke.

I belatedly realized my post may have came off as a gripe lol. I got used to posting random thoughts everywhere in this site but tgat was just a random thought. No one said i was cringe for using mainstream fc. Tho i am def cringe 100%%
134written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
๐น๐‘’๐“‡๐’ถ๐“ Avatar
maybe times have changed (or are slowly are) but mainstream anime fc rep gets bad reputation bc non-para rpers pick them as their first choice. Anime is easily how people learn about rping and they naturally gravitate to using the cool protag who is either very kind and brave or sasuke.
Meanwhile I pick FCs like Red and write them into a nervous wreck. 8)

90% of the time I pick FCs I don't even know what they're like in the source material, I just like the vibes they're giving me fitting the vibes of the character I want to write tbh
"You've grown soft, your dead friends can attest."
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,348written posts
offlinecurrently
Part of the Furniture
traveller Avatar

90% of the time I pick FCs I don't even know what they're like in the source material, I just like the vibes they're giving me fitting the vibes of the character I want to write tbh

yaa some ppl are v conscious of the source material of their fc, like fearing they may be too alike or yhe oc may end up offensive to the source. I watch a lot lf anime so i end up using fcs i know the source of. But my radar is also open to those i donโ€™t know of as long as it fits the bill or i just like the aesthetics
134written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
traveller Avatar

yaa some ppl are v conscious of the source material of their fc, like fearing they may be too alike or yhe oc may end up offensive to the source. I watch a lot lf anime so i end up using fcs i know the source of. But my radar is also open to those i donโ€™t know of as long as it fits the bill or i just like the aesthetics
I'm just...

I have no idea who Oscar Pines is nor what RWBY is supposed to be, but he's got brown skin, freckles, black hair, and a vibe that makes me want to write him as a dorky mechanic.

EDIT: Honestly, I think it's fine if the FC and character have some similarities. If you're looking for an older lady with those "I may be old and infirm but if you don't shut the fuck up I am going to whoop your ass into 1932" vibes, you'll probably wind up having to find an older lady who may canonically be just that in the source material.

But it's also fun to intentionally play around with expectations, kind of like casting an actor renown for his romantic roles into the main role for a horror murder film.
last edit on Apr 14, 2024 20:38:42 GMT by traveller
"You've grown soft, your dead friends can attest."
aliasvale
pronounsthey/them, he/him
67written posts
valeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vale
vale Avatar
"Hmm... Are you comfortable talking to me, Itsuki?"
been getting really into dungeon meshi lately... big kabru fan...... the urge to use him as an fc for a butch lesbian somewhere is ever-present. it just feels Right
"hello, i'm nazuna nito, a member of ra*bits!"
art credit @ ryoko kui - dungeon meshi official art